Photo-taking on Campus (Updated on Dec 1, 2020)
To facilitate the graduating class to bring family and guests back on campus for graduation photo-taking, the University will make special arrangements on campus access for the Saturdays and Sundays from November 14 to December 6, 2020, and Monday to Friday from November 23 to December 4.
Details are as below:
- In response to the escalating COVID-19 situation and the Government’s tightened social distancing measures, the University will adopt a prudent approach to visitors’ access arrangements to safeguard the health and safety of our members.
- The following adjustments will be made on the graduation photo-taking arrangements effective from December 2 (Wed), until the last day of the photo-taking period, December 6 (Sunday):
- Graduates who have registered or are planning to bring visitors to come to campus, please note the following:
- Each graduate can only bring one guest to campus, starting from December 2, 2020 by presenting the QR code sent via the confirmation email. For those who have already registered, the one guest you bring must be among the names you previously submitted.
- If you are bringing more than one guest who are from the same household you belong to, you need to sign an and send it to email@example.com at least 1 day before the day of visit for handling. Please title your email subject “[Your Full Name (SID)] Undertaking form for Family members living in the same household]” (e.g. [Dec 5 – CHAN Tai Man (00123456)] Undertaking form for Family members living in the same household).
- Graduates and members of the community are advised to minimize social activities. No other exemption will be granted except for scenario mentioned in 2b).
Campus canteens will continue their current preventive measures, following the latest Government directive. For special operating hours of catering outlets and related arrangements, please visit the website of Campus Services Office.
The HKUST Souvenir Shop will be temporarily closed from December 2 (Wed) until further notice. Graduates who would like to purchase graduation gifts may shop at the online shop instead.
Besides, the measures below will still be in place:
- Temperature checking will be conducted at North and South Gates. Visitors with a fever will not be allowed to enter the campus. If visitors have any respiratory symptoms, they should seek medical advice and stay home.
- Graduates and visitors are reminded to wear face masks and wash your hands frequently to minimize the risk of contracting or spreading the virus.
- Staff on-site or security guards may remind graduates on social distancing or preventive measures, whenever necessary.
For other updates in relation to COVID-19, please visit this website: https://covid19info.ust.hk/.
- Pre-registration for visitors is required and must be submitted by 11:59pm of the day preceding the visit. No late registration/ walk-in requests will be entertained.
- One graduate may register for a maximum of four sessions. Each session lasts for five hours (morning session: 8:00am – 1:00pm; afternoon session: 1:00 – 6:00pm).
- To help us control the number of visitors on campus and ensure social distancing, graduates are reminded to depart from the campus by the end time of the registered session.
- Please note that no parking is available on campus during the period. Graduates and guests are suggested to commute by public transport.
We understand that this might have disturbed some of the plans you have already made, but please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. In this challenging time, we appeal for your understanding and support. Please stay healthy and safe.
To register your guests, please click here and login with your @connect/ alumni.ust.hk account.
Individual Photo and On Campus Studio Photo
You may place order and make booking appointment to Kitman Photo Services at the following website from now until November 29, 2020:
Website : https://www.kitmanphoto.com/ust2020.html
Collection of Photo
All photos will be delivered to your local address from December 1 to 31, 2020.
- Enquiry number : 2457-4689 / 2618-8922
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under no circumstances should refund or compensation request be entertained for photo service order regardless the service has or has not been used. Therefore, please manage your own timeslot/schedule for the service as no further reminder will be given regarding your photo order.